Welcome to GPA-Louisville!
Are you thinking about adopting a dog? We’d love to talk to you about making a retired racing Greyhound a part of your family.
Greyhounds are clean, quiet and docile. Most are fine living with other canine breeds and many get along well with cats. Retired racers make wonderful household pets and companions but they are strictly inside pets. They make excellent walking companions and most are great with well behaved children.
|Adoptable Greyhounds||Dog Name||Availability & Details|
|Nux - "Diego"||***** Adopted *****
male, born 08/05/2020;
|Turbo Star - "Star"||***** Adopted *****
male, born 02/08/2022; only raced a few times;
|CET Big Smooch - "Smooch"||***** Adopted *****female, born 05/24/2022; never raced; She doesn't mind using her crate. She loves toys and does great with other large dogs. She hasn't been exposed to smaller dogs. cats or children. She is cautious on vinyl floors, but working on that and learning commands.|
|Turbo Silas - "Silas"||***** Adopted *****
male; born 02/08/2022; only raced a few times;
• Personality wise he is very sweet, shy at first but quick to warm up to people. In the house he is very chill for a young dog - likes to find a comfy spot and lounge for hours but also enjoys his morning zoomies. He also loves lounging on the deck/backyard.
• Good with children - we have a two year old he’s been great with.
• Good with other dogs big and small. Not sure about cats we haven’t met one yet.
• House training great - has only had one accident when we first got him.
• Great in a crate. Sleeps in his crate all night and is crated and quiet when we’re gone. Occasionally chooses to go in there on his own sometimes as well to nap.
• Good with leash walks. Still gets a little spooked with loud cars but has gained a lot of confidence since we first got him.
• Loads up and rides in the car super well.
|Sweet Tea- "Thera"||Sweet 4 year old girl. Doesn't like getting in a car but gets in a van just fine. She appears to be "cat safe," but depends on the cat.|
|GLS Thelma Lou - "Thelma)"||***** Adopted *****
born 1/13/21 Dk Brindle female
6 races won 0
High energy and very playful! Loves treats and getting attention.
Help Support our Group
If you would like to help, please consider a tax deductible donation to our PayPal account. You can also help us by registering GPA-Louisville as your designated charity for your Kroger Plus card. Instructions are here. Thank you!
If the Paypal link above has broken, as it does from time to time, you can still make a donation to us via Paypal. All you need to do is use our email address, GPA@GPALouisville.org as the recipient. Thank you very much!
Get involved! It’s fun and rewarding!
Get in touch with us today or visit one of our Meet & Greet events to learn more about Greyhounds and our terrific group of adopters.